Serves 2-4 | Prep time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Curry Paste –
20 small Dried chillies
3 thai fresh chillies
2 sticks lemongrass
2cm piece galangal
6 cloves garlic
4cm piece of turmeric
2cm makrut lime peel
1 tsp shrimp paste
3tbsp neutral oil
4 Bay Lobster tails – halved
500ml Coconut cream
½ cup curry paste
200gm green papaya – sliced 1/2cm thick
200gm Eggplant – cubed
1 ½-2 tbsp tamarind paste
2-4tbsp Fish sauce
Jasmine Rice to serve
Thai Basil and fresh lime to Garnish
1. Soak the dry chillies in hot water for 30mins.
2. Roughly chop all of the ingredients and place into a blender and blitz. Alternatively, grind the ingredients in a mortar and pestle until smooth.
1.Fry the curry paste for a couple of minutes until quite fragrant.
2. Add coconut cream and simmer for 20 minutes. Add water to top back up.
3. Add the sliced papaya and eggplant and simmer for 25 minutes, then season with tamarind and fish sauce.
4. Slice the lobster tails in half and place them into the curry. Turn the heat off, let rest for five minutes and then serve.
Garnish with Thai Basil, fresh lime and serve with jasmine rice.
Shop products in this recipe: