Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes
4 Bay Lobster tails
Oil – for deep frying
Tempura dipping sauce – tentsuyu
- Start by prepping the lobster meat – cut the tails into small bite-sized pieces.
- Pre-heat the oil to 180c
- Make the batter as per the instructions
- Coat, then fry the lobster meat, then once golden and crispy drain on a wire rack.
- Serve hot with a wedge of lemon and accompanied by the tempura dipping sauce.
-When coating and frying the lobster meat, use a fork or a pair of chopsticks as this will reduce the amount of contact with the batter, resulting in an even coating.
– When transferring the tempura to the oil, if you gently wave the battered lobster at the surface of the oil for a moment, it will create a barrier that will prevent the tempura from sticking to the bottom of the pot/deep fryer etc.