Serves 5 | Prep time: 25 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Prawn mix –
300gm Prawn meat
1 shallot – finely diced
1 garlic bulb – grated
2cm ginger – grated
1 spring onion – finely chopped
1/2 Green chilli – finely chopped
Zest of 1/2 lime
Juice 1/2 lime
1tbs sesame oil
2tbsp fish sauce
4 Mini brioche finger buns (Or any alternative bread you prefer)
1cup sesame seeds
Oil for frying
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 cup Kewpie mayo
(Stir to combine)
Spring onion & green chilli for garnish
- Finely mince the prawn meat with a knife and place into a bowl with the remaining prawn mix ingredients. Stir thoroughly – the more you stir, the more the meat will bind together. You’ll want to mix to the point where the prawn meat forms a consistent ball that will hold its shape when cooked.
- Slice the buns in half (or prepare your bread) and gently smear a thick layer of prawn meat onto the buns.
- Dip the meat side down into a bowl of sesame seeds and press gently to coat. Ensure the sesame seeds coat any exposed meat. Pat the meat down with your finger to create an even texture and consistent shape.
- Pan fry in oil on a medium heat until golden brown. Toast both the bread side and the meat side.
- Rest for a moment then slice and serve alongside the gochujang mayo. Garnish with spring onion and green chilli.