Serves 4-6 | Prep time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 Minutes
6 Medium raw Bay Lobster tails – cut in half longways (Alternatively, you can use the already cooked Bay Lobster)
1/4 White Cabbage super finely shredded
4 Hotdog Brioche Buns
100gm Salted Butter
1tbsp Smoked paprika
1tsp Garlic powder
1tsp Cayenne pepper
1/4 cup Hotsauce – We use Cholula or the classic Masterfood’s Hotsauce (don’t judge – its actually pretty good)
Fresh Chives – finely chopped
To accompany –
Potato chips of any variety; We’ll leave this up to you whether you want hot chips or crisps – both work.
- In a small saucepan, add the butter and heat until it starts bubbling. Add the spices and the hotsauce and stir well to incorporate then remove from the heat.
- In a separate fry pan, fry the lobster meat in olive oil (or butter) until just cooked. Once done, gently add them into the hot sauce and coat evenly – be gentle with them.
- Split your hotdog buns down the middle and toast under a grill. Once toasted, baste the inside with some of the hot sauce butter.
- To construct the roll, add the cabbage, a drizzle of kewpie and then top with the beautiful pieces of Bay Lobster meat – Don’t leave any sauce behind – use it all up!
- Serve alongside seasoned hot chips or potato crisps & garnish with chives and a cheek of lemon
Shop products in this recipe: