Snack | Prep time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes
500gm School prawns
200gm Corn flour
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
500ml+ Ricebran oil
(Or deep fryer)
2 Spring onions – Finely sliced
2 Fresh kaffir lime leaves – Finely sliced
2 Dried kaffir lime leaves – shredded
1tbsp Coriander seeds
1tbs Chicken stock
1tsp Chilli flakes
1tsp Garlic powder
1tbsp Sesame seeds
½ tsp Black peppercorns
½ tsp Citric acid
½ tsp Sugar
- Combine ingredients for the seasoning and blend in a spice blender until powdered – set aside.
- Dry the school prawns with a paper towel to remove most of the moisture and then generously dust with the turmeric and corn flour.
- Fry in 175c oil for 5-8 minutes. The prawns should be golden brown and crispy. Once cooked reserve on a paper towel.
- While still hot, toss the prawns in the seasoning mixture. Add the seasoning tablespoon by tablespoon, tasting to achieve the right density of flavour.
- Garnish with fresh lime, kaffir lime leaf threads and spring onions.
Shop products in this recipe: